Sunday, June 14, 2009

Billy Bob



Do you own a piece of clothing that is irreplaceable and perfect? Not perfect as in the best condition or the most stylish. Just...perfect. I have a shirt whom Lisa and I have named Billy Bob. This shirt is literally 35+ years old. My Dad got it in the 70's when Donny and Marie played at Billy Bob's Texas. It is a large bar/music venue in Dallas/Fort Worth. He was working at the studios and some annoymous person gave it to him. I say that because he cannot remember who it was. At that point it was given to my mom. About 12 or so years ago I found it in my mom's closet. It had not been worn in quite some time. At least I don't remember her wearing it. So she said I could have it. It is not the most stylish and I am not a huge Texas person but I love it! It is the softest cotton I have ever felt. You know when you wear something a lot and it just gets better with age. It also makes me wonder. When you buy something now, after a certain number of washes and such it starts to fall apart. This shirt is almost as old as my husband (not that you are old honey) and is still is darn good condition! How can that be? There were a number of years in my late 20's when I could not wear this shirt. It did not fit. So Lisa was kind enough to care for Billy Bob for me. One glorious thing about losing weight was being able to wear this shirt again. You may think I am insane. But I know you are sitting there thinking of an item of clothing you feel the same way about. So, here's to Billy Bob. Hopefully we will have 35 more years together.

5 comments:

Annie said...

I love the shirt!

Lisa said...

I love Billy Bob. I'm so glad it could go home.

R said...

Its fun reading your blog Amanda. Keep it up.

Emily said...

Welcome home Billy Bob. You've been missed!!

Lisa said...

Love that new picture on the top of your blog! It's fabulous--you look gorgeous!