Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lucinda Alwine Cluff

The day of Dennis' party, I knew something was up. I hadn't been feeling quite right but was just glad that I made it to the party without having this baby. But I had a good feeling that she was going to come the next day. So Saturday morning rolls around and I woke up having contractions. They were about 20 minutes apart so Tootz and I decided to go about our normal Saturday activities. We went to Costco, Target and Great Harvest and by the end of it they were about 12 minutes apart. I decided to go lay down and try to get some rest. Little did I know you cannot sleep when you are having painful contractions. I told Dennis they were getting closer and I don't think he quite believed me. He decided to go get some fishing in since he knew he wouldn't be going for awhile. I told him I would text him if they got closer. So a few hours later....they were closer. I told him to hurry home, we needed to go to the hospital. He was home in 15 min and although we still weren't sure this was the "real" thing, we decided to go get it checked and see. We arrived at the hospital around 3:30. And sure enough I was a 6 and this was definitely the "real" thing. This was my nurse, she was awesome and got me hooked up with an epidural right away.



I had the shakes from the medication so they got me warm blankets, which didn't really help but it sure did feel nice.



This was Lil' Lucinda's heartbeat. She was a champ and maintained a good beat the whole time.



Dennis was the perfect labor partner. While watching the World Series he took care of my every need.



I had a little drop in blood pressure due to the Epidural so they lowered me down and gave me some Epinephrine to perk me up.



This is Dr. Jacob getting ready. He was awesome! And the other nurse who was dressed up for Halloween. Not many babies get their nurses with wigs and butterfly wings.



10 short minutes....THERE SHE IS!! She was born at 6:03 pm on October 30, 2010. We were commenting how that was the perfect date 10/30/10.



She weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. Just a tiny little Cluff!



It had been raining all day and was overcast and miserable. After she was born Dr. Jacob said..."Look outside, she brought the sun." I like to think of her as my little ray of sunshine.



Here is the whole team. You can't see the baby because she is skin on skin. Loved that part!



Lucinda was a little cold so she had to spend some time in the heat bed. Dad stayed with her the whole time.



This is when Mom saw me first time post bath and heat bed and after they got her all settled in her room.



And our first picture as a family



I was small and needed to fill out my skin



And super tired from all the excitement...



I am officisl, name tag and everything



Here are some of my visitors

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow generated with Smilebox


After a fun few days, they sent us home sweet home



Then the fun/real life began.

5 comments:

Rachael Awad said...

She is beautiful. I love the pictures. You look so beautiful the whole time. CONGRATS

Lisa said...

Wonderful post. You are a champion. The picture of Dennis and Lucinda in the nursery almost made me cry. So sweet. :)

Michele V. said...

She is beautiful like her mom! I will be in Utah for New Year's. We will have to get together.

Macie said...

I love hearing birth stories. They make me happy. :) I'm glad she got here safe and sound! And I love Dr. Jacob, he's my doctor too.

Sara said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for the two of you. She is adorable! You will be/are a great mom, Amanda! :)