Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

I am only now getting the opportunity to blog about Mother's Day. I hope you all had a wonderful day with your families. We got to spend Mother's Day with my mom. It was so wonderful. She does so much for our family it was fun to get to focus on her. My dad made dinner and Lisa made the rolls. Hans, Tasha, and the kids came over. They are always so much fun. Lisa, Hayley, Myself, and Dennis were also there. We got my mom a much needed knife sharpener. She was so excited!

In the early afternoon Dennis and I also got the opportunity to go and see his mother. She passed away in 2001. I never got to meet her, but have heard so much about her its like we were old friends. Dennis and I shared some tears and he told me some wonderful stories. It was nice to get to spend a little quiet time remembering Nancy. I never noticed the scripture on her headstone. It is Enos 1:27..."And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen." It brought tears to our eyes. So please, hug your mom today.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jeanna GT said...

that scripture is beautiful! it's so great that dennis has great memories of his mom. mom's are definitely something we take for granted! glad you had a nice day! have a great week!

e said...

Beautiful blog, Amanda. I wanted to tell you that the scripture was found by my mom when my dad died. She thought it was beautiful and fitting, so she had it put on the gravestone when he died. She had great perspective and inspiration to do it. I also wanted to give you this scripture reference, Mosiah 2:41 (too long to post). It is the scripture that we had put on the hand out at my mom's funeral. This is a great blog. I want you to know that it means the world to me that you care about my parents even though you haven't met them (yet). Love you.

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

Hi amanda, it's been a long time since I have been in contact with you. I am glad you made a comment on my blog so that I could follow it back to yours. It looks like your life is going well and that is wonderful. I'll have to keep in touch. :)

Lisa said...

Amanda, I love you so much! It's been so fun to live with you! I am so happy for you. You are so amazing.

Chad said...

Mom was certainly a special woman, I feel bad that you and Sara were never able to meet her in this life, but at least you will in the next.

@manda said...

That scripture made me tear up at work!!! You two are wonderful people! So made for each other and thank you for allowing us to peak into your lives!