Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Did It! Lifetime Membership



I know I have blogged recently about reaching my goal weight and the 50 pound mark. But today I have made yet another step in my weight loss journey. Tonight I received my Lifetime Membership status and am at a 53.2 pound total weight loss. This is a HUGE milestone with the Weight Watchers program. With lifetime status you no longer have to pay a membership fee..woohoo! You only have to weigh in once a month...this would be cool, but I am still going to go every week. The class is only 30 min and I really benefit from it and checking in at the scale. The best part of achieving this status means I have reached my goal weight and maintained it for 6 weeks. This alone is a challenge. But, I was smart enough to reach my goal weight the week after Thanksgiving. Thus giving me the opportunity to maintain through the holidays! This was a huge challenge, but I did it!

Now, I just have to maintain it for life, but I know I can do it. I said before that the best part was reaching my goal and maintaining it. But that is not true. I would not be where I am today without the love and support of my mom, my sisters Lisa and Hayley, Dennis, and Peggy (my other weight watchers buddy who says I am her inspiration). My Mom and Lisa weren't able to make it to Weight Watchers tonight because of school commitments. P.S. they are both lifetime members. At the end of the class they gave me my award. They held up a beautiful bouqet of roses and said that even though my mom couldn't be there that she wanted me to know that she was proud of me and was there in spirit. My mom has been my rock. She has gone with me to Weight Watchers every week for 1 year. When I didn't want to do it anymore (which was pretty much every time I gained) she would not let me quit. Whenever I had a bad week, I would call Lisa for my pep-talk. She would always tell me how far I had come and that I was going to do better the next week. Hayley always cheered me on and was always there when I needed someone to commiserate with. And Dennis always told me that he loved me no matter what. But that I looked way hotter now! Thanks babe! I love you so much and couldn't have done it without you.



We always did "net weight" at Weight Watchers. We took "the teams" gains and losses and added it together. If we came out with any weight loss we looked at it as we all lost! This wasn't a "legal" weight watchers way, but it sure made us feel better those weeks we didn't quite lose what we wanted to.

Weight loss has been a huge challenge but worth every minute. Not only do I look better, but I feel amazing! Some have asked for before and after pictures. Those are to come. Thank you to everyone who supported me along the way. I could not have done it without you.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Man, you make me want to cry! You're so amazing!!! p.s. Can we please make one of those videos where you're holding up your old pants and then drop them to show your sexy new figure?!

CaraDee said...

I'm so proud of you!!
I hope the before and after photos are in bikinis....ha

Jeanna GT said...

oh, amanda, I DID CRY! I think you are truly amazing and you have inspired me to want to go. i just need convince my hubby it'll be worth it! YOU'RE WONDERFUL AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Amanda C said...

Thanks gals! I can assure you the before and afters will NOT be in bikinis. Those days are long gone!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!

Annalee said...

Congrats Amanda! That is a HUGE accomplishment!! I'm so proud of you!

Stephanie said...

Good job in staying motivated and losing the weight. I have tried and it is not easy. I'm still trying. Keep up the good work. You deserve it!

Karen said...

You ROCK!

Way to go!!!

Stacey said...

Hooray! Good job babe! My mother is also a Lifetime member, so I know what a gigantic accomplishment this is for you! Keep it up and you look hot!

And oh, we're most likely moving back late spring/early summer. We hate being so homesick. Jesse has to finish a contract and then we're headed back and you can finally meet Maximus! I miss you!

Natalie said...

That is awesome! A big CONGRATS to you!

Lisa said...

Woman. It's time for a new post.

@manda said...

You totaly inspired me with this one! I had no idea it had been a year but you ROCK!!! I need to kick off the 50 lbs I have on me................thank you for inspiring me to better myself!

Katheryn Snyder said...

congratulations!! You look amazing and I'm glad you reached your goal and beyond! You are definitely an inspiration!!