Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm Alive....and well

Anyone who knows me knows that I love music. I love all music, there is a song I love in just about every genre. I recently purchased the new Kenny Chesney CD and finally received it in the mail yesterday. I put the CD in my CD player at work first thing this morning. The music started playing and the first song really struck me. And ironically, it featured another artist I love, Dave Matthews, but never pictured singing with Kenny Chesney. We all go through things that alter our lives, but we get through them. I know you have heard this a million times, but Dennis is an absolutely amazing person. He has gone through a lot of things in his life and I know he didn't use to feel this way. But he always tells me that things could be a lot worse. This is so true! There is beauty to be found all around us. Whether it be the hills in San Francisco, the beaches in Florida, the lights in New York City, or the Mountains in Utah. There are people around us that love us unconditionally. We are alive and free to do as we please (within the law of course.) There is so much in life to be thankful for. I am going to stop adding up the pain and start living.

"So damn easy to say that life's so hard. Everbody's got their share of battle scars. As for me I'd like to thank my lucky stars. That I'm alive and well."

*apology, you will have to pause the music at the bottom in order to hear the video*

5 comments:

Annalee said...

Okay, IN LOVE with that song now!! I love DMB, and anything with him is golden! What a great song!! :)

(We aren't 18 anymore, but we both still have the music soul, ya know?! And you and I always had the same taste!!)

e said...

I really appreciate that you posted this blog. I've been thinking a lot about stuff like this lately. With the economy being such a mess and school and all that, I've been having regularly scheduled pitty parties. But, really, it can ALWAYS be worse. This is a good reminder.

And seriously, you can't beat anything affiliated with Dave Matthews!

Amanda C said...

Annalee we have always been soul sisters with music. I cannot hear an Indigo Girls or Grateful Dead song without thinking of you. This whole album is really good. You can listen to the songs on you tube too.

Emilee I am the queen of the pity party. I think that is why this song struck me like it did. I am alive and well and my life is absolutely precious and wonderful. What more could I ask for. Everything else in life will come.

Natalie said...

Oh...I like it!!!!! I love DMB and I love Kenney Chesney...awesome!

Misa said...

This is so true...there are so many things that I should be thankful for but I seem to focus on the bad too often...thanks