Thursday, April 9, 2009

Going to the dentist=fun



I cannot say that I love sitting in the dentist chair. With my mouth wide open, unable to swallow, a child screaming in the other room because they are trying to take an X-ray. But, at the same time...I don't hate it. The acutal process is not the best. But my hygenist is really nice, they always schedule you with the same one. My dentist is awesome. And they give you a free toothbrush! But truthfully that is one thing I cannot thank my parents for enough. I always went to the dentist...always! Every six months for my entire life. Not to mention the braces, not fun but I am so glad I have straight teeth. And it all pays off in the end. I have had only a few cavities in my life and no additional dental work. And today...no cavities!! So Mom and Dad my teeth and I thank you.

While we are on the subject of teeth. It is often recommended that you chew sugar free gum. There is a gum on the market today that is a fraud! You think when you purchase it that it will be a raspberry delight and will leave you with a "Just Brushed Clean Feeling". The first time I tried this gum was in church. Dennis was kind enough to offer it to my mother and me. So we put it into our mouths and at first it isn't bad. But it goes south very quickly. And you cannot say loudly in the middle of sacrament meeting...this crap tastes like Robitussin! We experimented on Bryan and he claims it tasted like "raspberry".




So here is your warning. The general consensus is that this particular gum tastes like cough medicine. You don't believe me?...try it for yourself.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I think I'll steer clear of that gum...ew!

e said...

I hear you on the Orbit gum. I can only handle their mint and cinnamon flavors. I don't think any of their weird, fruit concoctions taste good. Plus, they have some wacky flavors that no person should ever want in their mouth under any circumstances. It's just not natural.

Chad said...

My dental hygienist told me about 2 years ago that chewing gum was a recipe for disaster with my jaw, and that it would leave me worn down joints and pain when I was older. I haven't chewed gum since.

CaraDee said...

Yeah, i've had it...don't remember what it tasted like, only that I HATED it. And I love their other flavors, so it was a shock.

Katheryn Snyder said...

it's so gross that I had to spit it out and through the whole rest of the pack away!