Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Tootz!

Today is my mom's birthday. She is an amazing woman whom I am lucky to have as a mother. In honor of her birthday I am going to list 10 wonderful things about my mom.

1. She works harder than just about anyone. She cooks, cleans, goes to the gym, temple, indexing, I could go on and on.

2. She is extremely patient. I guess that is why she is a 3rd grade teacher.

3. She is super smart! She is especially amazing at math.

4. She is a die hard biker. She loves to bike and typically puts 2,000 miles on her bike each season.

5. She never complains! Seriously I never hear her complain about anything.

6. She is the CEO and General Manager of Hotel Hortin. She will take in family and friends whether they need to stay for a week or a year.

7. She has a stronger testimony than anyone I know.

8. She always puts others needs first, no matter what the situation.

9. She loves chocolate

10. She is the best Grandma, Mom, Friend that anyone could ever ask for.

This is one of my favorite pictures with my mom. This was at a bike ride we did together last year called the Little Red Riding Hood. It was my first distance ride. She did the shorter route so that she could ride with me. She was my encouragement. The weather was terrible and it was freezing. But I did it and only because she was there. Had she not been there I would have quit. But that is just the way she is. She won't let you quit, especially if it concerns biking. I love you mom!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for writing this, Amanda. Tootz is the most amazing mom ever. We're so lucky!

The Avery Family said...

Your mom was always so nice to me. I remember visiting her at school...remember that? Anyway, she was in our old stake before we moved from Orem and I would see her at things and never dared talk to her because she wouldn't know me. But tell her happy birthday. She raised a wonderful daughter.

Lisa said...

Amanda, I kid you not. I'm going to stop checking your blog if you don't post again soon.

Misa said...

Ozi is such a good example to me...she makes me want to be a better person because she is so amazing