Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the night before Christmas...

Wow! How time flies! We have not posted in a while and are hoping to get back in the swing of things. We have had a wonderful holiday season. Dennis is still fishing periodically. Yes, you heard me right...fly fishing in the Provo river in December. I have just been busy working and with the occasional winter cold. Marlene is not with us this Christmas. But she will be coming for a few days at the beginning of the year. Natasha is spending the holiday with her mother's family in New Castle. We are planning on heading to Cedar City the day after Christmas to see her. I will post again tomorrow but wanted to post a few pics from Christmas Eve.

For as long as I can remember we have always had a family dinner with my Dad's family at my Grandma's. They are getting older and decided not have it this year. So we are starting our own traditions with the immediate family. We had Hans and Tasha's family over. We had soup that Dennis made in bread bowls. Yum! Here is a picture of the whole family.



Then we read the Christmas story in the scriptures. We usually do that Christmas morning but are mixing it up this year. Last, we made cookies and the kids frosted them.



Now it is the last minute scramble of wrapping presents (THANKS HAYLEY!!)and Dennis is making his delicious breakfast casserole for the morning.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

1 comments:

e said...

Yes, yes! Come back to blogging more often, please!

I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas Eve. I now realize how long it's been since I've seen your family because Macie (sp?) is SO big I hardly recognized her!

Love you!