Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

We were very blessed this Christmas. We spent the entire day with family and it has been wonderful. We opened presents first, had brunch with Tyler, Christi and Cameron.



Then I had the best Christmas nap ever! When I woke up we had dinner with Hans, Tasha, and the kids. Now we are just winding down and getting ready to crash.



For Christmas my big gift was a beautiful new camera! It is a Canon EOS Rebel XS. Now that may mean nothing to you. I know it did to me. But Dennis did the research and from what I can tell I love it! There is so much this camera can do, I don't even know where to begin. But I am hoping to find a local photography class and see what I can learn. I am also going to read the entire owner's manual, which is something I have never done. Even with my limited knowledge, it takes beautiful pictures. I am going to love this camera. Thank you Dennis!!

Dennis' big gift was a recliner. He has wanted one for years! This was finally the year. Although he found the acutal gift anti-climactic.



I gave him a fake recliner. But if you know Dennis well, you know for an item like that he has to pick it out himself. He has a very picky butt! So, now he gets to go get one. I wished I could have had one there, but I would rather him get one he loves.

Dennis also got a few Nightmare Before Christmas items. It isn't Christmas without a few Nightmare items. It is our favorite movie after all.



We got my mom a cashmere sweater for Christmas. We hope that she likes it.



And for Dad we got Weight Training for Cyclists. They do the MS ride every year and hopefully this will help them prepare even better.



Hayley's favorite gift was her gift from Bryan. A Southwest giftcard! Thank you to Hayley for wrapping every single solitary gift! What a gal! I despise wrapping more than anything. Well, except for moving. We are so grateful for her.



The one thing we missed this Christmas was the few people missing. Russell, Jodee, Lisa and Bryan. But they were with family and I am sure they had a wonderful Christmas. But we sure did miss them!

Dennis took a few pictures with my camera. This one was a test shot and I just loved it.



He even snow plowed a bit...



And it's a little blurry because it was a timed shot and we didn't know how to focus it yet. But here is a pic of the gang.



Merry Christmas to all of our family and friends!!

7 comments:

McIntire Madness said...

I have that camera and it is awesome! Merry Christmas.

Lid said...

Glad you had a good christmas!! Those are cute pics. :)

Jen said...

Merry Christmas, It looks like you had a great day.

CaraDee said...

Are you sure it isn't a trick camera?? You look SKINNY! Glad you had an awesome Christmas!

Chad said...

That's a good camera, I would really like one myself, I just can't save up for it!

Stacey said...

Amanda! You are incredibly skinny! You really do look amazing.

Katheryn Snyder said...

glad you guys had a great christmas! We miss you! I thought of you on New Year's! We actually went to someone else's house this year, which was nice cuz i didn't have to clean the mess! Congrats again on your weight loss! I've gotta get back on track...no more fudge for me :)