Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving



We had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving. My dad's whole side of the family came over for Thanksgiving dinner/lunch. My mom made an amazing turkey, potatoes, and loads and loads of pies. Janny made sweet potatoes...yum. Tasha made homemade stuffing...yum. Mer brought her famous relish tray. There is something about a relish tray that I love, probably the no chopping part. You can have broccoli, cauliflower, 3 different kinds of olives, sweet and dill pickles, and my favorite pepperoncini peppers. I swear I had a dozen of them. Grandma brought her super delicious Clam Dip. And Grandpa made his homemade toffee...yum! Tammy made fruit salad and Karla made pasta salad. Lets just say we had a lot of food and a lot of people. I think we had 37. Needless to say the meal was wonderful. After dinner/lunch we had a baby shower for my sister in law Jodee. They were leaving first thing Saturday morning so this was the only time we could all get together. It was so fun to see her opening all of her presents. She has waited so long to be a mother and she will be a great one! Those are going to the luckiest twins in the world. Congrats Russell and Jodee! After the shower we had pie. Lots and lots of pie. The rest of the night we relaxed. I did some cleaning. I mopped the floor...it was very dirty with all of that foot traffic. I have so much to be thankful for and it was the perfect day. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Shari said...

That all looks so good! Looks like you had a great time with family.

Cio Hunt said...

Holy cow that's a LOT of pies. lol!