Sunday, July 19, 2009

Balloon Fest

I lived in the Provo/Orem metro area for most of my childhood. And I remember watching the balloons from our house, but I do not think we ever went to Balloon Fest. So this year my sister in law had mentioned that my nephew wanted to go. So I asked Karen if her and Constance would like to join us. Then my nephew couldn't come so we went anyway! I woke up at 5:30 am on July 3rd and got all showered and ready to go. Can I tell you how early that is? I haven't gotten up that early since I worked and commuted to SLC. So I went and picked up the girls and we walked over to Balloon Fest. Karen lives in the best location for Freedom Festival activites. You can park at her house and walk to a lot of the places. It's great. So Balloon Fest is where they fill up balloons, which is acutally very cool. They launch them, have contests, land, it's pretty cool!

When we first arrived they were already starting to fill up the balloons.


Filling the balloons up were probably my favorite part.







I don't know who this lady was but she was fully made up at 6 am and had a professional photographer.



So I had my professional photographer take my picture.



I took this picture for Lisa. This dog is actually quite big. He was really sweet.



This was my favorite balloon. Of course because it has the fall leaves.



I am so glad Karen and Constance came with me. I think Constance really liked the balloons.





These were two of my favorite pictures. I love my mountains.


4 comments:

Stephanie Pulham said...

Beautiful pictures. I really should try to get out there.

Lisa said...

Ooh, that dog! I just met him and I love him! (have you seen Up! yet? If not, you really should see it) Thank for posting! Great post!

Katheryn Snyder said...

how fun! I do miss the mountains, so I appreciate these pics :) Miss you!

Stacey said...

You are so thin! And I love that you take pictures of strangers like I do.