Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Best Dam Bike Ride 2009

Every year my family participates in the MS Bike Tour. A close family friend suffers from MS and we have seen the devastating effects it can have on an individual. Last year Dennis rode 100 miles and I was the team photographer. When the registration began early in the year I said that I would do the ride. Honestly, I thought I would be able to get out of it somehow. So as the time got closer I started to get a little more worried. Then the rain came. As many of you know it rained pretty much from April until July. We had virtually no time to train for the ride. I thought maybe they wouldn't make me ride because I hadn't raised my money. But no, they raised it for me. So, I had to do it and was terrified. Dennis had some medical problems (if you want to know what they are, ask my dad, he is willing to tell anyone including reporters for KSL) so he said he would ride with me. This made me feel so much better because I knew I could do it with him pushing me along. So the morning came and we got up early and off we went. My mom, Kathleen, and Bryan were doing 100 miles. Lisa and my Dad did 75 miles. And Me, Dennis, and Hayley did 40 miles. It was surprisingly really awesome! Dennis was a great support system and definitely comic relief. This was our second stop.



We finished strong and were able to get pictures of Hayley finishing the ride.



The volunteer was kind enough to get a picture of the three of us.



Everyone finished and it was a great day. We will all be doing it again next year. Yes, you heard me...I will do it again next year. But next year I am doing 75 miles.

8 comments:

Stephanie Pulham said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting that you were able to do that!

Lisa said...

Yes! 75 miles, you and me.

Sara said...

Congrats!! I'd be lucky to get a mile! That's really neat that your family does this. I'm sure it's a great experience for you all.

Shari said...

Look at you go! Your top picture of the two of you is so cute! I love it!

Emily said...

Go you! That is awesome and such a worthy cause!!!

Misa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misa said...

Congratulations...I don't think I could do that.

Jen said...

Doing races with family and friends is such fun, that is great that you were able to finish the race, and good luck next year with 75 mi.