Thursday, June 26, 2008

Marlene's 12th Birthday!


Marlene has had a rough week! Her mom came from Colorado and took her last week for her actual birthday. Apparently, she took her swimming and didn't apply sunscreen. Needless to say our little fair skinned red head came back with a severe sunburn. That is why she is wearing an extra large shirt! We have been applying mass amounts of aloe and giving ibuprofen every four hours. Even though she wasn't feeling well, we decided to celebrate her birthday on Monday night. She got so many presents! Her three favorites were:

1) A bass guitar from Dad and Amanda

2) Horseback Riding lessons from Tyler and Christi

3) Zookeeper for the day! My parents and Hayley got her this gift. It is so cool. She gets to go to Hogle Zoo and follow around a zookeeper for a day. She gets to prepare feed, clean cages, etc. She is so excited!

My dad made omelets for dinner. And we had Ice Cream Pie from Baskin Robbins. Yum! We are so lucky to have Marlene for the whole summer. She is already feeling a bit better from her sunburn. And will defintely insist on sunscreen the next time. We love you Marlene! Happy 12th Birthday!

5 comments:

e said...

How fun for her! I'm glad she had such a good day -- she deserves it! And boo for the sunburn :-(

Jeanna GT said...

happy birthday to marlene!!! wow 12, scary! she looks so much like dennis! that's awesome! sounds like so much fun! does she play the guitar??? my kids are dying to take lessons... HAPPY HAPPY!

Jessie Evans said...

What a fun birthday - minus the sunburn, my shoulders feel her pain! Thanks for all your great comments on my blogs, I love hearing from you!

Lisa said...

Yeah! Keep the pictures coming!!! p.s. I have to point it out, but you spelled "Happy Birthday" wrong. It's "iggaliggageburtsdog" *awkward*xu

Amanda C said...

Oh Lisa! You just made me laugh so hard. I love you and miss you!