Friday, November 7, 2008

Dennis' Birthday

Last Sunday was Dennis' 38th birthday. We had a fun day celebrating. We really wish my parents could have been there. But they did call from DC and they all sang Happy Birthday to Dennis. We went to church in the afternoon. Dennis had to teach Sunday School and although he says he was horrible I am sure he was wonderful. I unfortunately could not be there because it was my week to teach in Primary. We came home and Hayley was cooking away. She made Ham, Funeral potatoes, and rolls. Hans, Tasha, Ashley, Tanner, and Macy came to celebrate with us. They brought a wonderful salad and Dennis even commented how it was just how he liked it. Karen and Constance came over and we were so glad they did! They will be going back to Korea soon and we will miss them! Lisa and Bryan also came to celebrate. Lisa made an amazing cake for Dennis. Which you will see later on in the post.

He opened a few gifts. He got some great shirts!





Karen and Constance got Dennis Glenn Beck's new book. He was so excited!





If you know us well you know that we are huge Nightmare Before Christmas fans. So in honor of that Lisa made this cake. And I will have you know she made this with no coaching just with Dennis in mind.



I tried to take a picture of Dennis blowing out the candles but the picture I got was not appropriate for the blog so this is the staged photo.



And what is a blog post without a few pictures of Dennis and I.




Thank you Hayley, Lisa, Bryan, Karen, Constance, Hans, Tasha, Ashley, Tanner and Macy for helping us celebrated Dennis' birth.

Love you babe!

7 comments:

Annalee said...

It looks like he had an awesome birthday!! I love the cake!! :)

Stacey said...

I think it's rad that Dennis still looks like he's 20. I love the cake and the pictures of you two are beautiful, as usual.

Lisa said...

Come to think of it . . . Dennis does look pretty young. Weird.

@manda said...

What a wonderful day! You two look SO IN LOVE! I am so happy for you guys. I miss talking to you off and on during the day ha ha ha.

Katheryn Snyder said...

I also love Jack and Sally! I saw this huge statue at Disney (in the Villian's store at Hollywood Studios) of them that I want so badly! It's only $350...as if I'd pay that much. Maybe when I win tons of money on deal or no deal i'll get it and I'll buy one for you as well! Glad it was a great birthday! I'll always remember it too! :) It's a great day!

e said...

Yay for birthdays! I have a present for D and the best card, EVER! Hopefully I'll see you guys soon and I can get it to you!

Cio Hunt said...

Happy Birthday Dennis! Hope it was a great day for you.

BTW- what are funeral potatoes? I'm sure it's a UT term that I am just oblivious too. lol!