Monday, November 24, 2008

RIP Wendy Hortin

Today we had to put our dog Wendy down. She passed away at 4:50 PM. She was not Dennis' and my dog. She was the dog I had my whole life. Well, since I was about 14. She was an amazing dog and was always there when I needed her. She was 17 and has struggled over the last few years. The last few weeks her health had really declined. It was time to say goodbye. That being said, it was not easy. I have never had to do that before and do not look forward to the day I have to do it again. It was over so fast and it was so peaceful. I cannot wait until the day I can see my Wendy again. Lisa made this video in 2006 and this is the way I want to remember Wendy. 'Till we meet again.

10 comments:

e said...

I had no idea that Wendy had gotten so bad. Must have come on quick.

I'm sorry to hear about it. She was a funny little dog. Our family dog that we had for 15 years had to be put to sleep a couple months before my mom died (that was a shitty year to put it nicely), so I can sympathize/empathize (I'm never sure which word is correct) with the situation.

I know that dogs that are part of a family for that many years are just that -- family. I love you and hope that you find comfort that she's not suffering. Love you.

Lisa said...

I don't think the video is working--at least not for me. Oh, my cute Fluffers. I loved her so much it hurts.

Karen said...

Oh! So sorry for you and your family.

I know you will miss her, she was a fun and faithful friend

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Amanda. *hugs*

Natalie said...

Awww, I'm sorry! :(

McIntire Madness said...

So sorry. Pets are an amazingly important part of the family.

Amanda C said...

Thank you everyone. I fixed the video so hopefully you can all see.

Stacey said...

Oh babe, I'm so sorry. I totally feel for you and I know it's not easy. I wish I was there to give you a hug. I miss you.

Jeanna GT said...

Oh, so super sad. I'm so sorry! I remember her always being there when we'd hang out at your house. And it's always good when you have video of the good times, so you'll always remember them. That's how it was with Ottis. I'm thinking about you!

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I had a dog growing up that died after 16 years. It was a very sad day.