Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fishun!!!

I caught the fishing bug this summer and I am totally addicted! I try to go every chance I get. I have the best wife in the world. She lets me go almost as much as I want. I usually go up Provo Canyon just past the Sundance turnoff. Heres a picture of the fall colors there.






The brown trout are in full spawn and you can see them in their spawning beds which are called Redds. I had never been fly fishing until this year. I am really just a hack. Here is a couple of pics of the last couple noteworthy fish.


This was the first one I caught subsurface. Up until that I had just been using dry flies floating on the surface. The fly is a egg-sucking leech. He was 18".


This one was 17" and I caught him with Rianbow Warrior nymph that my fishun buddie( and second best friend, behind my wife) Roger tied himself. Here is a link to his website. http://rogerhop.com/

He just started a new job and this is first foray into webpage building.

Anywhoo, if you want to find me when the sun is still up I will be down in the river fishun!!!

1 comments:

e said...

"Fishun" eh? That doesn't sound the least bit hick or anything :-P

Seriously though, looks like a lot of fun! I'd love to learn!