Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cedar City July 18-19, 2008

We had a beautiful weekend in Cedar City spending time with Dennis' sister, Emilee and his daughter, Tasha. We drove down on Friday. We stopped in Beaver for a potty break and I made Dennis get a picture on the big rocking chair. He wants to state for the record that this picture was taken under protest.

Photobucket

When we arrived we picked up Emilee and Tasha for dinner and then we were going to a comedy show called Off the Cuff. Very popular there in Cedar City on Friday nights. We had dinner at a place called Ninja. It is a Teppanyaki restaurant. We had so much fun. This is a picture of our chef. He was great.

Photobucket
I had never been to this type of restaurant so I ordered shrimp. Mostly because shrimp has the least amount of points on Weight Watchers. Then Emilee points out that because I ordered shrimp that we were going to have to catch it in our mouths. So I sat there praying that was not the case. I was wrong. He did toss it into our mouths but...I caught it! In fact we all did, well except for Dennis. But he caught it on round 2. We had a lot of fun. There were two other guys sitting at our table and they were kind enough to take our picture together.

Photobucket

After dinner we went to a local improv comedy show at Grinders. The troupe is called Off the Cuff and it was a lot of fun. Dennis got to try the best cherry limeades in the state. According to Tasha. :) Here we are in front of Grinders.

Photobucket

We stayed the night at Emilee's apartment. She was absolutely the best hostess. We brought our own air mattress and to our dismay it had a hole in it. Well we found that out at about 2 am. I ended up on the couch and Dennis woke up like this.

Photobucket

We picked up Tasha and went to breakfast. She doesn't like breakfast food so she picked Denny's. Since they serve regular food at all hours. Dennis ate a massive amount of hashbrowns.

Photobucket

After that we took her to New Castle to pick up her birthday package. We mailed it to New Castle thinking that was where she would be for the summer. Here she is with all of her gifts.
Photobucket


She got lots of tops, nail polish, lipgloss, jewelry, and her favorite...money!

Photobucket

We took some pictures outside of Emilee's apartment. I am squinting because it was very sunny!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dennis hates to take pictures without his sunglasses on, but we made him do one.

Photobucket

We ended the day by going to a movie with Tasha's whole family. Well they were going anyway and so were we so we just went together. We saw the Dark Knight and it was excellent. We said our goodbyes, packed our things and headed home. It was an absolutely wonderful weekend. Thanks Emilee for your hospitality. Thank you Tasha for letting us take you all over Cedar City. And thanks Amber for letting us steal her for a few days. Even though she was grounded.

Photobucket

6 comments:

e said...

Best parts of the weekend:
3. Tasha's cute boy at Off The Cuff.
2. Seeing and hanging out with Tasha (duh!).
1. Dennis knocking his shrimp out of the ballpark with his nose.

Katheryn Snyder said...

I lived in Beaver when I was in 3rd grade and I lived in Cedar City during 4th and 5th grades. I loved Cedar City and hated moving back to Salt Lake City!

Dennis Cluff said...

I did not know I had a big nose until Tasha pointed it out. I had to do something with this new found knowledge. That shrimp must have gone "fifty yards".

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! :) Love the picture in the big chair...I totally would have made my husband do the same thing, lol!

Cio Hunt said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Dennis, suck it up man! lol. I would have made Josh do the same thing. he he he.