Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 26-27, 2008

On Saturday our ward had a ward breakfast at the Higginson Park in the Berkshires. It is a beautiful grassy park and the food was pretty darn good! We woke up a little late, but still made it.

Photobucket

Saturday night we drove up to Roy for Aunt Marion's Swim Party. Aunt Marion is my Grandma Hortin's sister. She has an annual swim party and we always went growing up. I don't think we missed a year. We used to have it at a pool in Ogden, but since it has grown they moved it to the Roy Aquatic Center. I haven't been able to go the last few years since we have been out of state. But this time we were here. It was a lot of fun to see that side of the family that we do not see very often. I unfortunately forgot my camera. I realized it at about Downtown Salt Lake City and was so upset. So you will have to imagine the picture in your mind. Marlene I think had the most fun. The water was freezing but of course she said it wasn't. It was just fun hanging out with family.

On Sunday, Dennis made his famous spinach, parmesan, and steak pinwheels. He has tried a few different kinds of steak and he finally found one that works great! He wanted me to take a picture as these are the prettiest ones he has ever made.

Photobucket

Dennis' sister, niece, and grandfather were able to come over Sunday for dinner. It was nice to see them and hopefully we will have a few more of these before Karen goes back to Korea.

1 comments:

Ramona's Recipes said...

Those pinwheels look incredible!