Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 4th, 2008

I am only now getting the chance to blog about July 4th, 2008. We had a terrific 4th of July. We started the morning by getting up very early and going to the Grand Parade in Provo City. We were planning on going to the end of the parade route and praying we found somewhere to sit. Instead, I got an early morning call from my wonderful neighbor, Mary Carter. She told me that her sons, Dave and Brian had stayed overnight on University Avenue and we were welcome to share their spot. We were so excited. Once we arrived I could not believe my eyes. Not only did they get a spot at the beginning of the parade route, but it was shady! It was the most comfortable 4th of July parade I have ever been to. It was a bit overcast that day and that added to the comfort.

Here we are before the parade started:

Photobucket

Of course Emilee and I had to take a picture of ourselves:

Photobucket

There was a lady across the way dressed in her best patriotic outfit:

Photobucket

And my favorite part of the day was being there with the best husband in the world:

Photobucket

After the parade we went home and relaxed and napped. Later in the afternoon Dennis and I headed to a 4th of July BBQ with some of our very best friends. It was so great to see everyone.

Dennis got to talk rock climbing and fishing with Roger:

Photobucket

Rob was the BBQ man. We had to beg him to hold still long enough to snap this photo:

Photobucket

And we got to see Val. Val is one of Dennis' oldest and dearest friends. We lost contact over the years, but recently got back in touch. It was so great to see his smiling face:

Photobucket

Immediately following the BBQ, we headed to the Stadium of Fire. Hayley and Marlene loved Miley. Emilee, Dennis, and I loved the Blue Man Group. And I think we all equally enjoyed the fireworks. It was so wonderful to spend this day with my family. I would not have had it any other way. Below is a slideshow with pics from the Stadium of Fire and Some of our favorite parts of the parade. I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday.

4 comments:

e said...

The best 4th of July, ever!

Natalie said...

That sounds fun! That's the kind of 4th of July I remember from growing up. My mom was at the stadium, I laugh at her for watching Miley Cyrus, lol! I'm glad you had a good time! :)

Katheryn Snyder said...

Glad you had so much fun! I think it's better to see Blue Man Group there...we paid way to much to see them, but I would do it again. I love them! I'm weird that way! Miss you guys!

@manda said...

Wahoo for the 4th and days off of work! Looks like a blast!