Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I am not sure why. I don't do exotic costumes, I don't eat much candy, I don't have children to take trick or treating, etc. But for some reason I love it! A few years ago when we were living in Salt Lake City we went to a friend's house to carve pumpkins. It was so fun! Dennis and I are not artistic and we do not do the fancy pumpkins that you see around. But we have started doing it every year. And as far as I am concerned that is 30 more minutes I get to spend with the love of my life. Here are some pictures from Pumpkin Carving 2008.

I got one of Dennis while he was mid-carve.



Then I made him turn and smile.



And here we are on the porch with our pumpkins. Dennis carved hearts into the white one...at my request.

8 comments:

Karen said...

wow! look at Dennis' beard.


I like simple pumpkin carving too. Constance and I just did one yesterday. Fun!

e said...

I know this probably borders on weird and/or creepy because Dennis is my brother, but holy crap, he's hot.

Emily said...

Cute, I love doing whatever it is you have to do to have those few extra minutes together!!

CaraDee said...

You look great Amanda...

Stephanie said...

I love Halloween also. But I do like to dress up and decorate and everything else that goes with it!

Annalee said...

I love it! I think it's a great thing for you to do together!!

Unknown said...

You 2 are so cute! It looks like you have so much fun together!

Katheryn Snyder said...

I love Halloween as well! I'm glad you guys had fun! We sure do miss you guys! I was thinking of planning my new year's party and sad that you won't be able to come :( We'll be thinking of ya!